What third party chairs work with Yaw VR 2?

I received my VR 2 weeks ago but never the chair I ordered. I'm told they are still hung up in customs from the supplier. Ok, fine, but in the meantime, what store bought gaming/office chairs can I purchase as a temporary replacement? I was told any chair would work because of the included chair adapter but that turned out to be incorrect. I purchased a gaming chair, but it did not work; the holes on the bottom of the chair did not line up with the holes in the chair adapter and there is no place to connect the backrest. I guess the backrest and seat must be one piece or connect directly together?

At any rate, can someone list the brand and model of chairs that they know do work with VR2? I'm not looking for high end, just something in the $100 range, maybe up to $200. Links to the manufacturers site or online purchase site (Amazon.com, etc...) would be helpful as well.

Comments

• edited April 2023

@Generic Sorry that your chair is hung up in customs. Regarding a temporary chair unfortunately not all chair's are supported due to hole alignments. I have given you plate guide for seat holes, please check them to your seat as not all seats are compatible. Thank You

• I appreciate the response, VRBabe14. However, it assumes I already have a chair to check. The problem is. the descriptions of chairs I'm looking at to order do not give the measurements for the distance between the screw holes in the bottom so that I can make sure they will line up with the channels on the adaptor, so I have no way of knowing beforehand if any will work or not. That's why I am requesting a list of some of the makes and models of chairs that people know do work.

Also, am I assuming correctly that the backrest of the any third party chair must connect directly to the seat as well?

• @Generic I hope this video from one of our reviewers and moderator itsVRK

And this is from Yaw VR

• Yes, I saw that video. It's pretty interesting but note that he had to modify that seat using a couple of metal bars. I don't have the skills or tools to do that. I'm just looking for a chair that'll work out of the box.

The picture you posted shows that I did purchase the wrong type of chair. However, it doesn't help me find the right kind of chair because they don't post pictures of the bottom of chairs in the advertisements, so I could make the same mistake again.

Here's an example.

Amazon.com: Gamer Chair Gaming Chair, JOYFLY Gaming Chairs for Adults, Ergonomic PC Chair with Lumbar Support(Black-Red) : Home & Kitchen

From the 360 view, it appears that the back and seat attach to each other, so that's good. But the bottom? I can't tell.

• edited April 2023

Jordove recommends this chair

• If you decide to get the Acethrone gaming chair please read this to install the chair to Yaw2 plate.

Thanks goes to leeper48#1219

• Well, I purchased another chair and, just like the last chair, the holes on the chair do not line up with Yaw slide plate. Its not the Acethrone, but very similar. Am I missing something? Is there another part besides the plate for connecting chairs? Or did I get a European (metric) plate that's not compatible with North American chairs?

Sorry, I do not understand the leeper48/Jordove VR image reference. I don't know who those people are. What was that exchange from and was it in regards to the seat connection?

• The holes should line up if you move the plate until they do. Please read the screenshot. Can you upload photo of the seat that you've purchased please?