Yawvr and game engine PC app can't find yaw on network

I had an issue with the yaw config app and game engine not being able to see the yaw chair on the network even though it was online and had an IP. My issue was resolved by disabling a wifi direct connection I had setup to use a printer. Things to check for if you have this issue.

1. Firewall - make sure it's allowed or turn off to check if it's the firewall.

2. Vpn- check if you have a VPN

3. Antivirus or malware - you can disable them temporarily to see if they are causing the issue.

4. Check wifi adapters - this is where my issue was. Look for active connections under network adapters.

To do this click windows key and type network then click on network status then under change your network settings click change adapter options. Make sure only one network is active and that it is the network that the yawvr is connected to.

Comments

• Good advice and good to hear that it's now fixed

• I have a similar but not identical issue. So far the config phone app and Simtools can find the chair but the Yaw game engine and SRS cannot find it.

I used both Wifi and wired ethernet connections in the phone app at first, eventually choosing only wired to keep latency down. The app gave a URL which I was able to enter in Simtools and it seemed to work fine with a No Limits Rollercoaster test on Steam. So far I've not found a way to tell the Yaw game engine or SRS about the URL and they seem unable to find it on their own. I'm plodding through various network settings looking for clues though, starting with the items listed in the OP.

• Thank you Phlames! Sure enough, your Point 4 paid off. I had two extra adapters running. One was the Npcap Loopback Adapter, which is useful or useless depending on whom you listen to, but which made no difference to Yaw. The other was a long-forgotten Virtual Box Host-only adapter and disabling it did the trick. The YawVR game engine can now find the chair. Let the games begin!

• I had to change my mobile to 2.4ghz wifi then add the wifi password to setup yawvr. It now connects to 5ghz wifi lol