Have any of these really shipped?

Some of the news on the blog seems to indicate they were shipping orders in Q4 2022 but I haven't seen any updates on my order nor any responses to emails asking for status.

Comments

• Welcome to Yaw VR forum. Please accept my apologies for the delay. Yaw team are working very hard building backers units. They should be ramping up the speed slowly as customers units need to be tested before shipping. You don't want a dead Yaw2 do you? This kind of motion simulator is much sophisticated with more parts than Yaw1. I'm sure the team will/are working on your order. Yaw VR keeps backers and pre order customers updated every 2 weeks on the production and any issues that arise. Please bear with them. Thank you

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin ♥

• Keeps them updated how? I haven't gotten any email communication or responses since submitting my pre-order.

• You can read the updates on kickstarter type in "yawvr" in the search box on kickstarter. Then updates.

• edited January 2023

For anyone else who reads this the updates are found at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw2-motion-simulator-and-smart-chair/posts or search kickstarter for 'yaw2' then click updates.

Unfortunately for us pre-order folks it sounds like they're putting the priority on kickstarter units, have a production reality of 60 units a month with a theoretical cap of around 80 a month and ~1300 kickstarter backers.

In other words, it might be years before our pre-orders ship and yet they are still taking more pre-orders and adding further delays by giving out 7% of the produced units to 'strategic partners' to keep pumping new pre-orders. They take the funds when you order and not when they ship like normal pre-orders so this is very much starting to sound like a Ponzi scheme.

Also the low number kickstarter orders indicate they haven't actually received anything so it is entirely possible the only people who really have these devices are those with high follower social accounts who can push more orders.

• I assure you that it's not a scam or ponzi scheme. Yaw VR team are very busy building backers and pre order customers units. They are speeding up manufacturing, assembling, QA. I was a pre order Yaw1 pro customer so I definitely know they are legitimate business. Another update will be posted next week I think (every 2 weeks) on the kickstarter site. Sorry I can't give any more information at the moment.

• Hi

I have recently purchased one at. Full price and had it shipped to the UK, UK customs was fun but finally got it through all boxes x 4 delivered over two days.

Cost me over £4K in the end with taxes.

I have now got it assembled but my problem I have is getting it connected to my network. Tried the app on several devices even tried with LAN connection and although the device is on the network the software does. It see it.

I have reached out to support so hopefully I will get this fixed But at the moment I have an impressive looking seat on some bases but totally useless until support get back to me so fingers crossed.