Yaw VR 2 Emergency Switch error

Hi,

We recieved our Yaw 2 some weeks ago. This weekend we finally assembled it. Every thing went fine but when we started it up it seems to be stuck in a Emergency Switch mode. I saw a French language thread here with the same problem. Anyone else with this problem that knows How to fix it? Still awaiting answer from support.

Comments

• Hi, I'll let Yaw VR support know about your issue. Once I receive a response I'll let you know.

• Thank you for that! Support did contact me with some things to try out. I Will report back If it fixes the issue.

• Support did know what They were talking about. I know have it running. If anyone else has this problem, just let me know, and I'll pu up The info here.

• @3DGuru That's what I like to hear "it's working" ☺ happy vr journey.

• Hey VRBabe14 I have the same problem. I got the Emergency Switch Error and nothing works anymore. How can I fix this?

• @GeForce360 Sorry to hear that you're having the same problem as 3DGuru. @3DGuru Can you please put the information here that you received from support to help others?

Thank You

• 2nd'd. Thanks for whatever info can be shared. Magnet tile on or off makes no difference. Even removed the 3d printed housing and attached the magnet directly to the switch (internal) - but it doesn't matter.

The app won't ever go past "Emergency Switch" Guessing the C to the right of that status message clears everything, since it changes shortly to a checkbox when you press it... but the status message never changes to anything other than "Emergency Switch" ... And that's where it's stuck.

Reseated all cables, and it still doesn't care. The lights on the usb hub do light up though with power.

• What Magnet tile? Can you please explain what you've tried so far?

• This magnet tile.

No matter the position, it refuses to register.

• I don't even have the USB Boxes. I have the standard version without the USB hubs, and without a magnet pile. So how can I fix this problem without all of this?

• I'm just another user here, with the same problem. Hopefully someone from support helps us both.

I have an email thread with support@yawvr.com, where they wanted me to take the seat off the 2d platform and take some pics, about an hour ago. These things are heavy.

They're thinking cable's aren't plugged in as the should be on the board at the front of the unit behind the "YAW" led logo.

I took pics, hopefully its what they want and can see. When things come back if they start working, I'll reply what they had me do.

So far, nothing yet though.

• Turns out mine is a bad magnet switch. Bypassing it entirely with a little pc jumper makes everything come alive.

For my case specifically, it's inside the usb box that's mounted on the back right of the chair platform. They call that thing "Roll".

There are two wires that they've soldered to the under side of the usb board, that break out and down to the magnet switch. These solder leads are just the reverse side of the typical motherboard connectors, like you see with pc fans.

i took out a little pc jumper from an old motherboard, and connected the two pins with it. They're the 2 closest to where the network jumper cable that powers the whole usb box is located.

I've in essence, simply disabled the emergency kill switch by doing this. It's not the end state that it needs to be in at all, and I just sent another message to support that I need a replacement. No idea how long it will take, if they even honor these types of issues.

That being said, my problem here, specific to my case, was the usb breakout box. For anyone that doesn't have that, I have no idea where to start looking. I couldn't tell which connector on the main board was for the emergency kill switch. I saw somewhere that they have one labelled "eswitch" for emergency switch, but I couldn't find that label on any of the plugs.

The only thing I can suggest, is reach out to support, they seem overworked/overloaded but it didn't take too long to get the initial response.

Good luck.

• I have a new Yaw2 Pro and have the same problem. Have checked the magnet switch with an ohm meter and it is working correctly. Are there lights on the USB that are supposed to light up? Should there be power at the usb hub and lights?

I do have an email into support.

Thanks for any help...

-TBoone