Pro upgradable to Arcade?

I understand the Pro version is similar to the Arcade version, just missing the 2 programmable buttons and occupancy sensor. So I'm wondering if Pro buyers would be able to upgrade to the Arcade version at a later date if they want? For example if they later decided to setup a VR arcade or use it at trade shows etc.

Could the 2 buttons and occupancy sensor be offered as a purchasable upgrade?

Comments

• @neondog That's a good idea and I'll ask. I believe that the arcade version is for commercial sector. I'll let you know.

• edited October 2022

@neondog I have received response back from Zsolt Szigetlaki CEO Yaw VR Ltd.

" The 2 buttons can be added later for sure but I have to ask if the occupancy sensor can be added or not"

Once I receive information regarding the occupancy sensor I'll paste here. Thank you for your interest in Yaw VR.

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin ☺

• Thanks, wow that was a swift response!

Arcade version also lists "Centralized device management software", if this requires payment - perhaps it should be a seperate upgrade. So that the 2 hardware pieces could be bought seperately for those that would want them. Also gives peace of mind about spare parts.

I would think many pro users would love the option of an occupancy sensor not just for safety but also for quality of life - as it could automatically stop the yaw if standing up, and make sure you're sitting down before it moves. The 2 buttons would also be useful for quality of life and safety.

By the way, out of warranty ... what happens if part of the chair breaks (i.e. a motor for instance)? Do yaw make spare parts such as motors and metal frames available for purchase?

• @neondog - Thank you your your kind comment 😘 as I'm just a volunteer admin and customer of Yaw VR. I do the best I can to help users ☺.

I will relay your excellent points to the CEO. Once I receive information I will paste here. I agree with the buttons as you might be able to remap them for let's say turning on/off vibration or sounds or used as emergency stop. The occupancy sensor could be used with sound effects "Please sit down until the ride has stopped" hehe

Regarding the motors and parts I will have to enquire about that to get the accurate answers.

Thank you and please wait patiently for your awesome Yaw VR device. If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me or contact Yaw VR support team

support@yawvr.com

• Just received response from Zsolt Szigetlaki CEO regarding the replacement parts in the 1yr warranty period and once warranty has expired the user can purchase replacement parts from Yaw VR.

"Hi yes, we can provide spare parts. Because all the sent devices are under warranty, we don't have prices yet for the spare parts, but we will have later"