PC requirements

I am assuming that the Yaw2 needs a PC to run many games. I am new to VR and just recently purchased an Oculus quest 2 to go along with the Yaw2. I plan to use it for some sim auto racing and recreational games. I have only ever owned Mac computers and need some advice for purchasing a PC to handle to Yaw. As I shop for gaming PC's it is quite overwhelming and foreign to me. can anyone offer some guidance ?

thanks, steve

Comments

• You'll need a vr ready gaming pc or laptop with at least Nvidia gtx 1080 ti graphics card but rtx 3080 is best. I would get rtx 2080 for now if you can then get the next gpu rtx 4080 when it gets released. Ryzen 3rd gen cpu or Intel i9.

• thanks, those seem like recommendations for a good gaming computer. Are there specific requirements for the Yaw ? I will only be gaming thru the Oculus quest 2 which has it own processor so I'm not sure I need the PC to be a powerful gamer, but I don't know what I actually need.

thanks again.

• @nevets77 Unfortunately you need a gaming pc for time being to use yaw1 and yaw2 motion simulators unless game devs enable direct connection to the yawvr. From my recollection there's only one game that works without pc on the quest and that's roller-coaster game. Yawvr was created to experience vr on pc via pcvr steamvr. I do know that YawVr will be getting full support for aio's but it'll take time. Yawvr wants to support stand alone hmd's in the future.