Took the plunge now a member of the Yaw family

I have decided after loads of research to purchasing the Yawvr pro looking at the market most, if not all motion sim platforms have setup problems, bugs design flaws. This unit has less moving parts so reduced failure points, they are proactive at supporting the product and software updates they exist and followed through from the kickstart stage. Most recently they had a overheating problem other than ignoring it they decided to send out free cooling kits to owners of the older models (what companies would do that now days normally take your money and run). Yes it is a big investment but I feel they want to support the motion community and not just “turn a buck”. I am using a oculus rift s so I know yaw is going to be a problem but I don’t mind that the headset problem not a yaw problem. If everyone decided not to buy stuff that’s not 100% we would end up not have any movement forward as the manufacture, designers without support would not push technology forward, yes my version may get outdated or updated I don’t mind it’s a journey I am willing to travel so others can benefit from the advances.

Comments

• edited February 2021

if in doubt about yawvr see this site and the cost of other platforms and their limitations. Gives you and idea of the market and shows the early stages of Yawvr’s birth. The yawvr looks unlike a conventional motion platform, but when in VR you don’t see it. The only platform in this price range that can do a 360 turn and easy to store away and setup.

https://youtu.be/J2AgxmZwDEY

• When my Yawvr turns up (ordered Sunday from a uk stockist) I will post my first impressions and setup comments.

• edited March 2021

Welcome to YawVr family huni ♥ we are active on discord channel if you need help just ask x