Bluetooth not working ?!

After 15 months sitting in the box, I finally had the time to assemble and setup Yaw VR. However, I can't seem to find it on bluetooth list. Tried on iOS (iphone 12) and Android (Samsung S7). Tried many-many times (days) and it just doesn't show up.

Yaw VR is plugged in, positioning is charged and tried it with motors on/off, basically tried every combination I could think of on both iOS and Android but unfortunately no success.

Anyone else had this issue?

Any other way to setup Yaw VR than through bluetooth?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2020

Hello yawVR team

I also have the same problem

I am kickstarter backer for 2 units of yawVR professional version

the 1st one i setup, and i been using it a few times over the year, mainly with no problems. I did have a small connection this week after last using this unit in august, but i managed to update firmware over wifi connection, and reconnected the yawVR over wired LAN cable.

HOWEVER,

my 2nd unit also sit in storage after receiving this unit early this year, and this week i tried to setup and test the unit for the first time but i cannot get the 2nd yawVR to take IP. on wired LAN cable, nothing is detected. over wifi it will not see the yawVR after turning on base and tracker and seeing the tracker turn green.. Nothing shows on bluetooth scan on yawVR app

I worry this second yawVR unit is very out of date, and can not work with new versions of desktop pc app, or the phone app.

I do get activity when i ONLY turn on the tracker (the base is left powered off)..and the phone yawVR app will find the tracker as "IMU-BLE". it will connect and ask for wifi credentials. I enter the credentials but an error will say that it "can not obtain IP, please check gateway" message

HOW CAN I UPDATE THE yawVR firmware without internet or check the raspberry pi?

as mentioned, my 1st yawVR is working, because i used it and updated it a few times during the year.

other than my assumption about the old firmware, I DONT KNOW WHY the 2nd yawVR does not work, unless there is something defective..

Please help us!

thank you also in advance

• I have the exact same issue as Hannibal with his 2nd unit.

• Please can you contact support here support@yawvr.com as this doesn't sound normal behaviour. Thanks

• I had the same problem. Lucky my wife has an iphone which I used to successfully connect via Bluetooth. Then I set the chair's wifi connection and I was finally abled to use my Android phone app.