Have you had success with the yawvr game engine?

Some may have seen my posts about trying to get the yawvr do 'roll' in Assetto Corsa. It does 'pitch' and 'yaw' in a manner that seems correct, but no amount of changes to settings have been successful with 'roll'. I currently run the default input/output option on the 'axis and vibration' tab that comes up when 'in-game'.

My question is simple. Whatever game you're running, if you use the free yawvr game engine, does the shell 'roll' when you're playing the game. This will doubtless also be useful information for the support team at yawvr with whom I've been in correspondence.

If it's just me and Assetto Corsa with the problem, then I'll probably just buy an SRS licence and do it that way, but it would be good to know others' experience. BTW, I found I had to video myself playing the game because the VR goggles make it difficult to be absolutely certain what the shell is doing, VR fools the senses. As it's intended to do of course ;-)

Comments

• I've been in touch with support at yawvr, I think they must be busy people because answers took awhile and a couple of prompts to come through. Eventually they sent a recommendation for Axis and Vibration setup which I tried without getting any response to cornering and generating shell movement for 'g' forces. Not very surprised given the lack of any other users claiming success. Oh well.

I've found a very comprehensive guide for SimRacingStudio written by Jeff Weaver. This is the kind of comprehensive explanation that the yawvr game engine is crying out for. Clear advice from Jeff on how to start setting up all the SRS parameters, I now feel like the extra investment will be worthwhile (in my time mainly). Most will probably have come across the guide before, but just in case, here's the link.

https://www.simracingstudio.com/forum/motion-profiles/srs-2-0-motion-tuning-guide

• The game engine should not be advertised as it is because I am very disappointed at how it doesn't just work. I bought my Yaw VR because of the videos I had seen of it advertised being used with DCS but I had to write my own LUA export script to get it to "work" and even then I have not been able to get any motion compensation to work as it is said to work on this video https://www.yawvr.com/post/we-tested-dcs-world-with-360-aileron-roll

• @RichardPH You can now use users profiles in SRS if you're a premium member. Hopefully those profiles have roll axis working for driving/flying games for the yaw1 and yaw2.

• @sjgv Sorry to hear that. Yawvr game engine is currently being updated. I believe that latest version ovrmc is working well with yaw mc for wmr and quests for yaw1.