Position get lost

Hello. iám a proud new owner of the YAW for a week and have some noob Question.i use a Oculus Rift S and a Quest.

First time i start GTA V , when i drive a car or something and turn right or left my Sight turns in a wrong

direction (i am looking backward but drive forward).<have i forget something or can anybody help?

Comments

• Hi and welcome to the forum and becoming a new owner of the yawvr. Did you go into yawvr config app on your phone and tick yaw limit and set yaw limit to 0° and that should stop drift. As the rift s and quest are using inside out tracking at the moment motion cancellation isn't working. So drift will happen if you enable yaw axis. The other axis pitch and roll are fine. Follow the yawvr instructions and set power to 50% and slowly up per digit if you need to no more than 75%. For the roll and front and back pitch I would start at 12° if you don't have a platform for the base to sit on and stop the front foot rest from hitting your floor then I suggest maximum front pitch 15° and back pitch 24° and roll 20-23°. See how that feels.

• edited July 2020

Thanks for your answer, i will try this.

will the problem with inside out and yaw set to 180° or higher be fixed at some point or

is generally not possible ?

• The team are currently working on a solution for motion cancellation on the yaw axis for inside out tracking and wmr.

• edited December 2020

The yaw axis of YawVR cannot be used with Oculus HMDs🙄

Honestly, the same problem is there for the pitch and roll axis as well, but since the device isn't capable of pitching and rolling too much, you probably won't notice it as much. Once you are aware of what is happening though, you will notice it.

• @Sashmigo you may want to look into VirtualDesktop (v1.17.1) and OpenVR Motion Compensation (OVRMC). You may also want to check out the motion compensation channel on the discord server. It sounds like it just might be possible to get Quest/Quest2 to do motion compensation.

• edited December 2020

With help from YawVR community I got motion compensation working with my Quest2: http://forum.yawvr.com/discussion/142/motion-compensation#latest