Positional Tracking

edited June 2020 in Trouble-Shooting

I watched a few of the videos with Zsolt doing camera tracking and the position moving with steam vr and a vive wand. Does anyone know of any tutorial to get the positional tracking working? So that my yaw position corresponds with the roller coaster or airplane.

Comments

• edited June 2020

I just figured it out. I guess positional tracking is called motion cancellation and is in another section on these forums. Also to note the download the forum provides is an open vr file. open vr is for both platforms, steam vr and oculus, I didn't know that at first. So the download you provided worked for steam vr. It allows a motion cancellation overlay, and from there I could choose any of my steam vr controllers or peripherals to be the reference point. It worked great. Now just figure out how i want to mount my old vive wand.

Last thing and off topic. The wireless logitech freedom 2.4 works great as a controller for flight sims. Logitech no longer makes them since 2012, but I got one off of ebay. Now if there was a wireless racing wheel.

• @RenMC7 - There's a Hori Wireless steering wheel with pedals but no ffb. You can try that. Make sure to get wireless version lol.

• Renmc7 thank you for your post it really helped me!