GameEngine Notes

edited August 2021 in Game Engine

Request/Discuss features for future versions here.

Features we are planning:

Advanced maths for inputs : Add, substract, multiply and divide input by another input. Extra functions will be included here like square, root, etc.

Posibility to add extra, dynamic input variables (this one is still questionable, as we don't have any examples where this one could be useful)

Incremental yaw direction, to be able to scale down yaw movement without device limit problems.

Also we'll change GameEngine software to 64bit architecture

Let us know what you think about these features, and if you have any suggestions.

Comments

• Please make an option to start the game engine profile before starting the game(just as in simtools)

Also the yaw limits in a game profile,so we can set each game with his own pitch and roll and yaw limits..

• edited June 2020

Hi There.

Featurerequest1:

Can you also implement a possibility to change the limit of an Axis by the Value of another axis? I like to limit YAW according to Speed. Simliar to speed related steering angle in racing games...

Featurerequest2:

Can you do 2 Limits. One for the negative values and one for the positive values. Like in Config YAW for Pitch Back and Pitch Forward....

Thanks a lot

• Game engine 2.2 needs a software kill switch / mapping

In DCS when you're shot down, the telemetry is still being sent to the chair resulting in you being thrown all around as the plane falls to pieces. there should be a software method to kill the telemetry on demand. It can serve as a software killswitch as well.

• @ronromain Request received. Thank you

• @ronromain I have response from Yaw VR CEO. Please try this

"Thanks, interesting idea, but hard to implement. I will talk Daniel. But if there is an udp output from dcs tha shows the aircraft (or the engine) is destroyed. (E.g. 1 is OK, 0 is destroyed, then he can multiply the yaw - pitch - roll value with that parameter in Game Engine and that will result the same effect"

• edited June 2023

Could Google Earth VR be added to the game engine? Should be pretty simple to use a joystick to control the pitch/yaw of the platform thus enabling flying around the global environment. Would be a very cool and relatively simple addition to the GE.

-TBoone

• Unless Google VR has UDP port then yes GE can work. I believe that Yawvr removed the joystick plugin. SRS (SIM Racing Studio) supports joystick plugin that works great.