Motion Cancellation for a Noob!

Hi guys..

Using my Yaw for DCS using Yaw game engine..

I have gone through the OVRIE set up for motion cancellation.. "i think"i have it right, the world around the sim ingame is moving mostly as its should.. however I get a noticable amount of drift and have to keep recentering the vr view..

Is this related to a badly configured pivot point setup?

Really appreciate any help / suggestions and sorry for daft questions!?! 🙂

Comments

• The drift issue is common problem and its being looked at by yawvr team.

• edited August 2020

mail another noob question. Would the motion compensation work better with an HP G2 than with an Oculus Rift S (Game runs over SteamVR)? Or is it just a software setting with in-oustside tracking?

• I've added a how-to post for ovrmc in "Motion Cancellation" section

• edited October 2020

Miss. VrBabe14; You seem like and expert in this issue.

I´ve got move the yaw vr with the game. This is a conquer! But now I´m really in a similar situation that Hudson. I put the controller behind and is imposible to watch that. The image provoque headache. I´ve downloaded vaiours apps into the Yaw Vr and I see it into the menu of the desktop in Steam Vr installed ( Openvr Motion Compensation; OpenVr Input Emulator and OVRIE) Which one of them to configure could you recommend? Or every one are necessary? And How to use the chosen ? How to configure it? Or those...

Another question After include the software of OVRIE. I can´t select the Yaw into the Game Engine. I watch the app in cell and I see Working the plugin of Open Vr Input Emulator and I can´t do anything...

Certainly or you are and expert or you have many time to experiment or still we´re "in panties" (en bragas en español) seeking for info for every side.

Should be have some videos to configure the settings needed with yaw vr.

Thanks a lot if someone, can help us and me of course..We need more specifically and detailed info to help everyone.

• edited October 2020

Heya @lereile I'm not an expert in motion cancellation. I just add information from the guy's as that's my role in this forum. I suggest that you come over to the discord channel and ask for help. I'm on there pretty much every day. I correced your message above (Miss not Mr) ☺

• @Sashmigo it looks like your original post was about Oculus Rift S? The motion compensation isn't working for that HMD because it's not supported. No Oculus products have working motion compensation.

I'm curious about your follow up question regarding HP Reverb G2 as well. I believe @VRBabe14 just purchased this HMD though and it sounds like she hasn't had any luck with it. The YawVR FAQ does not address this HMD specifically, so it is unclear to me whether there is any 3rd party software that could be used to make it work.

• Hello @supatrupa. Thanks for your answer. Yes, I am disappointed that this is not possible although the main page says i / O tracking HmD is supported with yaw. This problem should be explicitly pointed out on the shop page. My Yaw has technical errors at the moment And it is currently inactive with me. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take care of it at the moment. I had considered adding a LH tracking system to me, but these are costs that I cannot afford at the moment.I know a lot of people from the VR community who would buy the Yaw, but only if it would work with Quest 2 or G2. Otherwise, unfortunately, the interest in the VR community is 0

• For what it's worth, the OpenVR Motion Compensation project claims it works with with "HP Reverb" and "WMR Controllers": https://ovrmc.dschadu.de/en/testeddevices

While it may work, I'm not sure how well since WMR tracking requires the reference controller to be in front of your head so the HMD cameras can see it. The problem with this is that will put it on the opposite side of the center of rotation from your head so you might get wacky results. I'd love to hear from an HP Reverb or HP Reverb2 owner about whether it works for them and what are the caveats!

With lighthouse tracking (Vive, Index) you can put the controller behind your head which is the 2nd most ideal spot for motion compensation. The most ideal location would be the center of rotation of your rig, which for the YawVR is probably about 12 inches above your lap... that spot is obviously problematic for mounting as well as for occlusion.

• edited December 2020

With help from YawVR community I got motion compensation working with my Quest2: http://forum.yawvr.com/discussion/142/motion-compensation#latest

• If you are using a Quest 2, try disabling head tracking.