Yaw2 Delivered

I have to say what a disappointment it has been to finally get my Yaw2 3DOF that I ordered over a year ago only to find that it is incomplete and damaged. It was not damaged in transit. it was simply poor craftsmanship and lack of any quality control.

I ordered the unit with casters (wheels) however they shipped without them but charged me for the wheels which I had to pay import duty on. They now say the wheels were not safe so they have been discontinued but they did not bother to let me know about this. Nor have they made any mention about compensation or refund.

The base plate on the bottom platform was severely damaged due to overtightening or something similar. They agree and have said they will ship another one, but they have not said when it will arrive or how I should go about fixing it when it arrives.

Next problem is that after assembly there are only 2 DOF working, pitch and roll. Yaw and the chair lights are not working at all. The response from YAW has been incredibly uncaring and unprofessional.

Email replies to my questions give only the most basic information regarding possible solutions. The answer to the yaw DOF not working was "after you disassemble try pushing the connectors in and see if that helps"

In their YouTube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmLwY56qcM0&t=95s posted over a year ago they say that the Pro unit comes with a powered USB3.0 hub, which is what I ordered.  The unit they shipped has a USB2.0 unpowered hub.

This company has taken a good product and are now killing it. Do not buy from YAW they are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.  You will not get what you order and whatever you do get will be faulty.

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Yaw2 pro doesn't come with USB 3.0 unfortunately and they've mentioned this in the specs on their website and Kickstarter (if you backed) I do remember they were trialling USB 3.0 powered hubs but from what I know is that customers are receiving USB 2.0 powered hub via slip ring for the Pro version. I believe 3 port power socket too. Regarding the castor wheels, yes they decided to not add them in the end due to safety issues. I will try to help you as best as I can regarding the damages your unit sustained when you received it. Please can you send me photos via message and I'll expedite your support ticket.