Is there a way to use a different sensor in a Yaw 1?

I have a Yaw 1 acquired second hand and the sensor refuses to acknowledge the battery and makes the app say there is no battery in it.

Clearly this is faulty and Yaw VR have seemingly killed support on this are will not provide a replacement so my only way to get it working is by finding a way to use another sensor or something else as a sensor.

Someone said to me it is possible to use something liek a HTC Vive sensor instead, but I hve no idea how to make this work so if anyone has any idea please help me out.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your issue regarding Yaw1 IMU tracking. It could be either the 18650 battery inside the aluminium frame needs replacing or bad connector. Unfortunately as the Yaw1 was bought second hand the warranty might be void but you'll need to ask Yaw VR support about that. I'm sure you'll be able to purchase the correct part from them with warranty on the new part. Please can you create a support ticket. Thank you

• Hi VRBabe14, thanks for the reply.

I have spoken to Yaw VR support (but only on facebook and whatsapp as they do not seem to reply by email).  They have been quite indifferent on the issue only saying and doing a little never really going the distance with the customer service. I don’t mind about the warranty being expired that is fair, but they are telling me they do not have a replacement in stock and sadly I am getting nowhere on this.

I placed an order with a link generated by the previous owner that had apparently expired the day before I used it according to Akos on facebook. I placed an order with that link and paid but then after a few days of hearing nothing (only a thank you for your order email) I contacted support to ask about delivery tracking as I obviously did not want to miss the package arriving and I really was excited to get one of these and was looking forward to getting it working.

This met with some fiery responses from Akos where I had a good telling off about using links not generated for me specifically by support and the item had now been sold to someone else so I couldn’t have it. It felt a bit like how my teacher used to tell me off in school.

Then today I finally got notification the payment had been refunded so I’m back to square one (minus two lots of currency exchange and bank charges that is).

Like I said I don’t object to having to pay for out of warranty replacement parts as that is fair as a second user, but if Yaw VR can’t supply replacements when they are the only means of supply for the end user, it is terrifying to think how fast the product life will come to an end on any of their future products.

So there is also the other thing… It has been said using SRS I can bypass the sensor and use something else as a sensor, does anybody know how to do that?

Other than that thanks again, I will open a support ticket shortly.

• So err... how do i open a support ticket?

• Please contact Yaw VR here

Yawvr Support