Game Engine connector for SimTools Plugins

SimTools connector for YawVR Game Engine v.2.0

This plugin allows Game Engine to use the plugins developped for SimTools v. 2.x. No installation of the SimTools software is required, you just put the plugin files in the folder and it should work, with a few exceptions (see below).

Installation:

1. Copy SimToolsPlugin.dll in Game Engine's "Gameplugins" folder

2. Copy the SimtoolsPlugins folder and its content in Game Engine's "Gameplugins" folder

3. Copy the files contained in a Simtools plugin in the "SimtoolsPlugins" folder

Usage:

1. Select the SimTools plugin in Game Engine

2. Click the "Patch" button to open the SimTools connector window.

3. In the connector window, select your game. 

4. Launch your game.

5. Click "Start Plugin" in Game Engine.

Note:

Some games which have memory hook offsets stored in an XML file will requires this file to be copied in the original folder used by SimTools. This folder is located here:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\SimTools\GamePlugins

Limitations:

- The "Patch game" routine that could exist in the plugin is not implemented yet.

- The Dash and Vibe outputs are not implemented yet.

Comments

• this sounds great. Unfortunatelly I can't get it to work.

I followed the installation instructions above corectly, I believe.

In the brand new V2.1 of GameEngine, GE doesn't even start. When using GE V2.0, I can select SimTools in the Games list, and click Patch, but then get an error message:

"The file or Assembly "Game_PluginAPI_v3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" or one of its dependencies couldn't be found. the system can not find the file."

The game connector window pops up, but when selecting a game, it gives the same error message in the drop-down box.

I tried renaming the "Game_PluginAPI.dll" file to "Game_PluginAPI_v3.dll" and also copied both files into all the folders in GE, still no luck.

Can you assist?

Thanks!

• Thanks for your response. I'm sorry that you're having problems with the latest GE. I've notified Yawvr of the situation. If you have SRS I would try that until GE has been fixed.

• Hi VRBabe, thanks for this. Unfortunately I don't have SRS.

Also at the topic of GE, it seems that the positioning of the 0 point in the motion compensation calibration is off since the last update of Steam VR. The whole coordinate system origin is not at the pelvis point anymore, but now much lower (floor level). It may have to do with the change that SteamVR did in the last update in regards to resetting/recentering seated and standing at the same time? This is in both GE 2.0 and 2.1. All is on Windows 10 and with a Quest 2. Thanks

• Hi @QuinrodD Thanks for the information. Have you tried the new oxrmc? Open XR motion cancellation.

• No, I haven't tried that yet, but I will check it out, thanks for the tip

• No worries babes