macOS and Linux Support

Hey all,

I love the idea of Yaw 2, however have been working to abandon the Microsoft ecosystem in favor of macOS and Linux. I primarily play X-Plane and would like to know if anyone knows of any ways to get the chair working in Linux or (preferably) macOS? If not, does anyone know if there is a cross-compilable SDK for the chair in C++ I can work with in a non-Microsoft platform? And if the answer to all that is no, is there any documentation for how to communicate with the chair? Maybe through Serial? Details on baud rate, etc would also be nice if available.

Comments

• Welcome to the Yaw VR family. Unfortunately sdk and I believe yaw vr game engine only supports Windows, ios, android. I will find out for you to be 100% certain. You could use SRS (sim racing studio) software that might use Linux.

• Ok, two things come to mind. First, if it’s supported on iOS that that means there is a driver for Darwin, which would mean it shouldn’t be difficult to port it to macOS. The second is has anyone tried getting this to run on wine? Or even crossover?

• I'll have to enquire about that. As majority of the users are on Windows. I don't think Yaw VR devs will create a linux compatible version. I've found out that SRS don't support linux either. Sorry to give you bad news. You could use virtual machine and install android or ios.

• edited October 2023

While Yaw 2 might not have native support for those platforms, you can explore the option of running it through compatibility layers like Wine for Linux or using Boot Camp on macOS. These methods may not be seamless, but they could make it work.

Regarding a cross-compilable SDK, you might want to reach out to the Yaw 2 community or the manufacturer directly for information. They might have insights into SDK availability and communication details.

And if you ever decide to keep Windows in the mix or need a windows 10 pro key, you can check out Reddit. Good luck with getting Yaw 2 up and running on your preferred platform!