Yaw2 - please allow the rotational limit to be more than just 360 (one full turn)

Replying here as I bought my Yaw2 direct so can't ask for this on the kickstarter area.

I've had it confirmed (from a youtuber who has the Yaw2) that the rotation (YAW) limit is currently either only up to 360 or unlimited.

I'm really really hoping the software can be modified before release to allow us to set multiple full rotations in either direction before it then can rotate no more before slowly returning to the point of origin as a "centre".

Even with cables we can set it up with cable management from above so that the cables can freely twist say 5 or more full turns before we are in danger of breaking them so it would be fantastic to have this option as without it we will have very limited rotation which would be a shame and an underusage of this great feature. I didn't get the pro version because as a pimax user, I can't go back to the FOV of a oculus so have to use cables for VR anyway :)

Further thoughts on this would be that;

• give additional option so that as you reach the set limit of a certain amount of full rotations. The YAW2 will start to slow it's rotational speed by an amount you can set yourself so it doesn't hit the limit instantly and instead, gently comes to a stop. This also gives time for the game situation to have hopefully got the point where you are now turning the other way anyway.
  • You can also have an option for how fast it will start to return to the original (un rotated) position when the YAW2 was first turned on. People have different sensitivities to rotation speed but if under their preferred speed, they won't notice it resetting it's self.
  • Because the YAW2 will slowly recentre itself too, when you've finished you shouldn't have any twisted cables at all. Wish that was the case for normal VR! ;)
  • The other good thing about this that in anything other than wheel spin "donutting" a car or free falling in a plane. 6 or 7 rotations is probably enough before you would normally rotate back. 1 rotation though is definitely not enough :)

I hope that is something that is coming or can be taken onboard? Thanks! Matt :)

Comments

• @Matt_Goodman - Don't worry about the Yaw axis rotation on the Yaw2 pro. In the settings you'll be to set the degrees and if you have wires then I suggest using 15-20 degrees so you don't get twisted up. There is unlimited too for wireless vr headsets. As there's slip ring on the pro and arcade you can plug on your hotas, wheels so let's say you have quest 2 you'll be able to enjoy unlimited rotation. New vr headsets are coming out that'll be wifi6 including pimax 12k aio etc. Exciting times ahead.

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin

• edited June 2022

Thanks for replying :)

Sorry. But I think something was lost in translation.

Looking for a way to set roation limit to more than 360 rotation as I've already tested and seen a previous product be fine with 6 full rotations and cables to be ok still.

Can we please consider increasing the 360 limit?

Even if I had the pro yaw2, I would still prefer a wired vr headset and will be get the 12k but resolution is limited wireless so I intend to do everything hard wired from the ceiling.

I really hope you're not limiting to sell more pro versions, I would have bought the Pro if display port was also on it and USB 3 but because it doesn't have these (not your fault I know) so I went for the none pro. Meaning I and others can't do infinite spins anyway and have flight and driving rigs on it too.

Basically, 360 is a waste of a device that can turn more than that and infinite is going to break our cables (even with the pro version) so somewhere in between please! ;)

Before I knew of yaw2, I lost 3k backing an unfortunately failed kickstarter that was similar to your yaw1 that did have this option and it worked fine in the demos I saw. It seems like a simple software tweak to do at least the limit increase, would be great if it had the intelligent softening on it too.

Also. Can we upgrade to the pro still and how much would this be? :)

Thanks.

• Hi @Matt_Goodman, I don't work for Yaw VR sorry. I'm only a forum admin and customer of theirs. But I do relay issues to their CEO Zsolt Szigetlaki. I will do that for you and will let you know the outcome. Thank you for choosing Yaw VR.

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin

• Hi @Matt_Goodman, As promised I spoke with Zsolt CEO Yaw VR Ltd. We had a conversation about the rotation that you mentioned. He's going to talk with his team about adding a rotation counter in the yaw unit with a slider in the software/app for the user to select how many rotations and a reset button icon that'll send signal to the yaw axis to slowly counter spin for the cables. They are currently working on this. Thank you for suggestion and if you need any further information or have any concerns please contact me.

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin

• Thanks for doing that! :)

Much appreciated that you went to that effort and super happy that it's being considered.

All the best!

Matt.

• @Matt_Goodman You're very welcome and I hope you enjoy your new purchase once you receive it. Have a lovely day.

Best regards

Yaw VR forum admin

• Hello!

I know you guys are quite busy at the moment with getting orders out etc but just wanted to check in and see if this feature will be in the next game engine? :)

I've got my yaw2 now and as I used a wired headset (as no other way to get high resolution and FOV yet), this is the only thing missing now from the feature set that would make a big difference!

Thanks! Matt.

• It's still on the list to be added

• you cant go more than 360 due to the wires connected via the molex connector, they would just twist and snap, it would be possible to rotate 720 degrees or more but i wouldn't advise it as the wires would all either snap or individually pull out the back of the molex where the rotational platform connects to the 2DOF platform.

• Hi Matt

Was this about more than 360 degree resolved?