YawVr oveeheating

edited March 2021 in Trouble-Shooting

My recently purchased YawVr tends to overheat after about 15-20 min of usage i.e. it reaches 45C temperature which triggers overheat warning in the YawVr app and as result, leaves me no choice but to shut it down and let it cool.

Is this behavioir normal?

Im 88kg and I use moderate settings (60% power with small amounts of roll and pitch).

I believe mine has a built in cooler.which gets activated once temperature hits 35C mark.

What about you guys?

Comments

• Please disregard the above post.

Thru trial and error I've managed to solve or at least substantially reduce overheating.

I realized I had to remove the floor covering (after noticing there's a cooler on the bottom of the YawVR) and once I placed the machine on a bare carpet, the cooling process was a lot more effective and I can now play a lot longer without worrying about the temperatures.

I also realized YawVR is very sensitive to any extra weight such as Logitech G29 or HOTAS Warthog and if not setup properly, it may tend to overstress its motors.

• You can also use 1-2kg counterweight on the back too that will take some stress off the motors.