Connection problems over wifi and wired connection with yawVR, unable to update yawVR

edited December 2020 in Trouble-Shooting

Hello yawVR team

I am kickstarter backer for 2 units of yawVR professional version

the 1st one i setup, and i been using it a few times over the year, mainly with no problems. I did have a small connection this week after last using this unit in august, but i managed to update firmware over wifi connection, and reconnected the yawVR over wired LAN cable.

HOWEVER,

my 2nd unit also sit in storage after receiving this unit early this year, and this week i tried to setup and test the unit for the first time but i cannot get the 2nd yawVR to take IP. on wired LAN cable, nothing is detected. over wifi it will not see the yawVR after turning on base and tracker and seeing the tracker turn green.. Nothing shows on bluetooth scan on yawVR app

I worry this second yawVR unit is very out of date, and can not work with new versions of desktop pc app, or the phone app.

I do get activity when i ONLY turn on the tracker (the base is left powered off)..and the phone yawVR app will find the tracker as "IMU-BLE". it will connect and ask for wifi credentials. I enter the credentials but an error will say that it "can not obtain IP, please check gateway" message

HOW CAN I UPDATE THE yawVR firmware without internet or check the raspberry pi?

as mentioned, my 1st yawVR is working, because i used it and updated it a few times during the year.

other than my assumption about the old firmware, I DONT KNOW WHY the 2nd yawVR does not work, unless there is something defective..

Please help us!

thank you also in advance

Comments

• edited December 2020

today i completed my heat sensor upgrade package to my 1st yawVR unit, and i had no problems connected it to my PC wired LAN network.

but my 2nd yawVR unit, still has problems connecting.

i am believing that this is firmware related since that is the main difference between my yawVR units

. my 1st yawVR had a few firmware updates over the phone app, at least 3 times during this year.

my 2nd yawVR never had a firmware update, since it sat in my room over this year not used.

it would be nice to know how to manually update the rasberry pi/tracker firmware directly, not by yawVR app.

• Since I have the exact same issue, I'm following. Also @hannibal probably we should fire a mail to support, probably it reaches someone quicker. :)

• Yeah I don't think anyone from the company ever looks at the forum.

• And seems like no one else has this issue at the moment - otherwise they'd also be in one of the threads. :)

• My issue is still not sovled.

My yawVR is still not able to obtain IP

• edited January 2021

i continue to troubleshoot. STILL NO SUCCESS.

on my 1st yawVR unit it is working perfect. i can see that it connects via wifi, and ethernet , even with out the tracker never turned on. with this unit, the yawVR pc desktop app will see it, in which i can connect to yawVR base with no problem. it takes about 30 seconds for this yawVR to boot its rasberry pi, get IP from my router, and then once it does its rainbow knight rider LED display, i know that it is working.

but on my problematic 2nd yawVR unit, i power on the base. i leave the tracker OFF. the base LEDs blink forever. i see the raspberry pi LAN link light stays solid.. but it never has blinking network activity. only when i turn on the tracker will the base LED stop blinking. but in this situation, neither phone app or desktop app will find the yawvr.

Either i have a bad raspberry pi, or the firmware is bad on this yawVR unit, i dont know. please help

happy new years to all

• edited July 2021

Sorry for the late response. Please can you contact support here support@yawvr.com as I feel that your second yaw1 has hardware problems. Thank you