Missing vibrations in X-Plane with both Game Engine and SRS

Hi i'm a recent owner of the Pro model and have spent a week optimising my system for it. Everything is working sweet - I'm using both the game engine and sim racing studio.

I'm getting Telemetry for all of the following - Epic Roller Coaster, Project Cars and X-Plane however when I use X-plane i have movement in all of the Axis but no vibrations whatsoever?

Can anyone (hopefully the Yaw team) enlighten me as to why i'm not receiving telemetry for vibration.

I know the transducers all work because I feel them in the other games - just not X-plane . .

Which is frustrating because this was the main reason i purchased the motion simulator.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I noticed in discord there was some discussion about how X-Plane doesn't send engine vibration out in it's telemetry, so that's why there are no vibrations for it.

• Hi thanks for the reply, well since my initial post I've managed to get the vibrations working with Yaw Game Engine after playing around with the constant (AMP) settings and the RPM (HZ) settings - To do so I set the data outputs as recommended by Game Engine and after some tweaking of both multiplier/ Smoothing settings lo and behold the vibrations were there.

This I think is a great start but there still doesn't seem to be any vibration for ground bumps, touchdowns etc - I mean I'm happy for now that it's working with Game Engine but it's still not working with SRS although I'm hoping that they will implement it sometime soon.

Out of interest on the SRS website it does mention that Vibration is supported but no amount of me tweaking the settings or data outputs results in any. It seems as though when using X-Plane 11 in SRS the vibrations will only work when with a Shaker Kit - unless I'm mistaken.

All of the rest of my games output vibration via SRS just not X-Plane.

For the record i know how immersive tactile feedback is with X-Plane as prior to purchasing the YAW simulator I used an audio based bass shaker and had great results.

Has anyone succeeded with vibrations in SRS and X-Plane?

• Not X-plane related, but i have the problem that when i use vibration in SRS it's like it's on HIGH all the time, it is way too rough, but when i adjust the shaker settings SRS nothing happens, do you have a solution or short tutorial or something? i can't adjust the vibration within the yawvr settings, it's just on or off.

• @docgrfx I was having the exact same problem. I fixed it by going to this SRS drive:

C:\Users\YourUsername\OneDrive\Documents\SimRacingStudio 2.0

Once in there I edited the "config.ini" file using wordpad. I found the setting by Control-F (finding) Yaw VR, and then i edited the 'vibration_power = 100' and changed it to 'vibration_power = 40'. It now works perfectly.

• Can you please let SRS know about this issue. Thank you