open vr input emulator

im getting device not found .steam vr on vive pro

Comments

• On September 17th, 2020 Steam VR initiated an update that seems to have disabled OVRIE and a lot of users including myself have been getting that same error. Apparently that version of OVRIE (1.31)was developed by and independent developer and not the YAW VR team. There is another version of Motion Compensation called OVRMC that has updated their version you can download here: https://dschadu.de/binary/OpenVR-MotionCompensation_0_3_2.exe

OVRIE seemed to be more stable than OVRMC. With OVRMC you may seem more extreme offsets with your controller causing it to float away. But in the meantime that's all that seems to be working.

• thankyou have it up and running .it does seem to have a mind of its own lol

• Looks like someone on the forum discovered a fix for OVRIE.

1) Download OVRIE again: https://www.yawvr.com/downloads

2) Download this .dll file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXVxXRuNq0yIJpClagKKyWHBCcG0zfPy/view?usp=sharing

3) Replace the .dll in this directory (or whichever drive you have steam installed in):

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers\00vrinputemulator\bin\win64

4) Run Steam VR, and if the plugin doesn't show up turn the plugin off, then back on again...THEN restart steam. That worked for me at least.

In the Steam VR settings you can turn it off by first clicking on settings, then when you get the window below click "Startup/Shutdown" on the left, then click on "CHOOSE STARTUP OVERLAY APPS"

Turn Off VR Input Emulator, then turn it right back on.... THEN restart Steam VR.

• thx got the driver in a email very quick response ! been working crazy hours so havnt played much :(

• The DLL patch for OVRIE doesn't help with the current version of SteamVR. Until someone figures out what broke, it's still possible to use OVRIE if you roll back to a working version of SteamVR using this post https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/2950377478190989163/ as a guide. However, this means you won't get any patches so use caution. It also means you'll be doing a lot of babysitting, because you'll have to do this every time Steam VR gets an update.

The steps that worked for me:

Prerequisites

Make sure you've opted OUT of betas for SteamVR. If you have betas enabled, you'll need to let SteamVR reinstall the main distribution before continuing.

Put Steam in offline mode.

Make sure Steam is completely closed (not just minimized to the tray)

Step 1

Locate and download a copy of Steam VR version 1.14.7 or earlier. See the Steam forum post above for a possible source.

Step 2

Rename the existing SteamVR installation (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR) to SteamVR_broken

Step 4

Extract the SteamVR folder from the old version of Steam VR you downloaded into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ Make sure you don't end up with extra directory layers!

Step 5

Because these files came from a download, Windows needs your OK to use them. You can spend a month right-clicking and checking Unblock File on 3800 files... or you can open Powershell as an admin and run

gci -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR" | unblock-file -verbose

You should see a wall of yellow text letting you know each of the files in the SteamVR folder has been unblocked.

Step 6

Reinstall OVRIE. You'll also need to reinstall any other openVR drivers or overlays. Stuff in the SteamVR_broken directory might be helpful.

Step 7

Launch SteamVR and make sure everything is working. Once you're satisfied, exit Steam completely and make a backup of the SteamVR directory. You're going to need it every time SteamVR gets an update. Once you've got your backup, you can put Steam back into online mode again and delete the SteamVR_broken directory. If you update any OpenVR drivers or overlays, you'll need to create an updated backup, because they write to the SteamVR directory.

Step 8

Anytime SteamVR gets updated, you'll need to delete the SteamVR directory and restore it from your backup.

• Did anyone find a fix for this? I installed the DLL and applied the motion compensation with my Vive Index. However, NoLimits roller coaster, Dirt Rally, Project Cars etc. all fail to keep the orientation in sync with the game. For example, in no LImits, it starts out okay and then rotates too far or something and then I'm sitting sideways in the seat. Is that a motion compensation issue?

I strap a controller on the back of the seat and select that controller and select motion compensation in OVRIE (with the DLL installed) and it applies the change but it drifts out of sync while playing a game.

Any help would be much appreciated! (I haven't tried to roll steam back as that seems like a major pain)